Re: [Xen-users] tap:aio not working...

Marcel Ritter schrieb:
Looks like expanding the qcow file the first time takes *very* long, after that it speeds up considerably (2,8 MB/s -> 96 MB/s), so my next try will be
to run that test again on tap:aio: with sparse file ....

Currently running the same test for tap:aio: again ... running for more than 3 hours now ...
Test is running for > 20 hours now - dom0 only partially works:
local login possible, ssh login accepts connection, asks for password but hangs afterwards.

Looking at /proc/diskstats for the tap:aio: device xvbd:

Fields 1-8: no changes
Field 9: is constantly at 160
Fields 10/11: increase steadily

Field 1 -- # of reads issued
Field 2 -- # of reads merged, field 6 -- # of writes merged
Field 3 -- # of sectors read
Field 4 -- # of milliseconds spent reading
Field 5 -- # of writes completed
Field 7 -- # of sectors written
Field 8 -- # of milliseconds spent writing
Field 9 -- # of I/Os currently in progress
Field 10 -- # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os
Field 11 -- weighted # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os

Looks to me like a lot of time is spent to process I/Os that never finish.

Any comments on that?

But at least the problem seems to be a tap:aio: sparse file issue only ...

Bye,
  Marcel

--
----