[Xen-users] About the time of live migration, it is too long

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] About the time of live migration, it is too long
From: "Yin Xu" <ronee.9@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 22:09:05 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:09:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,all
I am currently doing some research about the live migration feature of xen. It is said that the downtime can be less than 1 sec. But I can not get this result. I being the live migration ,and "ping" the guest IP,and found the total down is more than 30 seconds. Than I tried migration without live it only stop about 15 minutes!
So I am really puzzled about the result, why this happen?

By the way, my system configuration is:
The source server: cpu:Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz Mem:512M(I also try with Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz Mem 512M, the same as the dest server)
The dest server: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz Mem 512M
the guest os:Mem 128
all the operation system kernel is 2.6.18, the xen is 3.1.1, installed with centos5
All the machine is interconnected by a 1 Gbps Ethernet switch

I am not sure am I describe my situation clearly. Any question about my environment is welcome.
And any suggestion is welcome, thanks.

--
Yin Xu(ronee)
Information Security