RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.2 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: "Stephan Seitz" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.2 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:19:40 +1000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 May 2008 06:20:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> booting /gplpv the emulated realtek nic's and the ide driver are
marked
> with a yellow sign, but I assume this can be silently ignored.
>
> If I try to activate/deactivate a nic, a bluescreen occurs. This
happens
> for both - the realtek and the xennet.
>
> *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x808925CF,0xF78DA4B8,0xF78DA1B4)
> (for xennet)
>
> System is a plain W2K3 Server Standard Edition / German.
> Xen: 3.2 x86_64.

Since 0.9.2 I have fixed one memory alloc/free error, but I'm not
confident that it's the error you are seeing. The strange thing is, that
error should have meant that xennet would crash every single time it
loaded, but obviously it wasn't. It might explain why some people got
BSoD's on loading xennet sometimes though...

I can enable and disable my xennet network adapter without problems at
the current hg version (eg post 0.9.2), but I don't remember trying
previously.

I've just gotten xenscsi working properly (allows scsi passthrough to
windows, needs the vscsi patches posted to the list ages ago) and I'm
testing a Symantec Backup Exec 'baremetal' restore in a windows DomU...
so far so good. I'll upload 0.9.3 in the next few days assuming nothing
breaks.

James