[Xen-users] RE: Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows (James Harpe

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: Release 0.9.1 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows (James Harper)
From: Darren Foo <darrenfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:26:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried 0.8.9 and was able to install the devices properly. iperf TCP
performance from my Windows XP DomU to another Windows native host on the
network was around 900Mbps over gigabit without jumbo frames. iperf UDP on the
Win DomU as client was very low, 1.5Mbps or so, however if the Win DomU as set
as the iperf server I could reach 200Mbps. UDP performance is important to me
as the WinXP DomU is a tv streaming server.

I tried 0.9.0 (clean install no GPLPV uninstall) and was unable to get my
devices or network to correctly show.

Tried 0.9.1 (clean install as well), ran install.bat, edited the boot.ini and
rebooted. BSOD. Booted into Windows, asks for drivers for Xennet and Xenpci,
was able to point Xennet to the folder where I unpacked 0.9.1 and it installed
ok. Xenpci will not find drivers. Reboot again, BSOD. Hard reboot into Windows,
and my Realtek device is disabled as well as my VT-d passthrough network
device, but Xennet is working. Xenpci again asks for drivers. I did a quick
iperf test, TCP was 300Mbps and UDP was again 1.5Mbps when DomU is client.
Reboots will BSOD. James, does the way you changed PCI device hiding in 0.9.0
and above supposed to disable VT-d passthrough devices? I assume it's because
my passthrough device is a network device in Device Manager even though it's a
TV tuner card.

Thanks.