[Xen-users] Preferred DomU creation method

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Preferred DomU creation method
From: Steve Spencer <sspencer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:56:01 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 May 2008 07:56:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All,

Is there a preferred method for creating a domain today; in other words, virt-install, xm create, etc.? I have one machine that the domains were created by another admin using xm create, and I /do/ like the config options for autostarting, etc. For some reason, I used virt-install on the current machine, and ended up with domains named and placed in /var/lib/xend/domains/{hash}/config.sxp

I can't turn on the autostart feature for that domain using virsh autostart domain, but was able to get the domain to autostart using a sleep 30 line followed by an xm start domain in rc.local.

If the preferred method is to use xm create, I'm more than willing to nuke the current config and start over with xm create. There are many reasons why I'd like to the two machines to be identical in configuration, but it's not mandatory.

Thanks,
--
Steven G. Spencer, Network Administrator
KSC Corporate - The Kelly Supply Family of Companies