Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] opensuse10.3 host and windows XP guest via Xen/Vbx

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] opensuse10.3 host and windows XP guest via Xen/Vbx
From: "Jörg Kühne" <joerg.kuehne@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 13:19:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 May 2008 04:20:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:12:59 +0800
Von: "Jon Ervine" <jon.ervine@xxxxxxxxx>
An: "Jörg Kühne" <joerg.kuehne@xxxxxxx>

2008/5/21 "Jörg Kühne" <joerg.kuehne@xxxxxxx>:

> Hello
>
> did anyone may made some experience with the called configuration (see
> Betreff).
> I need to virtualize a Windows XP environment on
> an opensuse 10.3 host. Because of several reach graphic application, like
> CAD or Simulation, which only running on XP and lower Windows versions it
> would bring good solution if I can virtualize the programs.
>
> Unfortunately VBox 1.6 doesn't support OpenGL driver.
>
> May Xen would bring a better value.

Doubtful -  virtualising Windows via Xen requires HVM which emulates a poor
quality video card (current focus is really server virtualisation whereas
you're looking for desktop/workstation virtualisation).

Jon

Hi Jon,

what do you thing about that link:
http://linuxupdate.blogspot.com/2007/07/full-opengl-3d-acceleration-for.html

The VMGL (Xen-GL) does only run on X-Systems (as Linux as guest).

regards

Joerg