Re: [Xen-users] Virtual interfaces on Virtual Machines

To: whereiwant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Virtual interfaces on Virtual Machines
From: Luke S Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 May 2008 18:25:57 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:26:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whereiwant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I'd like to know how to create and use a virtual interface for a VM (if
> possible, only for IPv6 traffic) and if it should be someway related to a
> physical interface in the XEN dom0. Is it possible just to create the
> configuration file (in Fedora, e.g., in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth3) and then add it to a bridge
> together with an interface of another VM to communicate with it?

edit /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp and change your network-script line to look
like this:

(network-script two-bridges)

create the file /etc/xen/two-bridges  (make sure you make it executable)

the contents should look something like this:

#!/bin/sh
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge $@ vifnum=0
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge $@ vifnum=1

(the $@ will be replaced by either start or stop)

then in the xm config files (usually /etc/xen/DomUname), choose one
of the following lines:

vif=['bridge=xenbr0']  #(to put it in the bridge with eth0)
vif=['bridge=xenbr1']  #(to put it in the bridge with eth1)
vif=['bridge=xenbr0','bridge=xenbr1']  #(to give it an interface on both )

(note, only use one vif= line-  use multiple quoted strings within it if
you want more than one interface)

this will create xenbr0 on eth0, xenbr1 on eth1 -  you control which DomUs
go to which interfaces using the vif= line.