[Xen-users] PCI passthrough for domU?

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough for domU?
From: Michael Jinks <mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:35:08 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 May 2008 21:35:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now that my Solaris domU is working (thanks again, all), I have a PCI
NIC that I'd like to pass through to it.  Searching the archive I've
found the threads saying passthrough isn't ready for dom0 yet (or wasn't
as of earlier this year), but I haven't been able to find anything about
domU recognizing passed-through devices, yea or nay.

I went ahead and tried it (my dom0 works for this, can pass the same
device through to domains running Linux) but the device didn't magically
appear on a reboot with /reconfigure, so before I spend a lot of time on
this I thought I'd better ask if it works in general.

Thanks,
--Michael