Re: [Xen-users] Best distro with out of the box xen support?

Miles Fidelman a écrit :
Thomas Harold wrote:
Brian Stempin wrote:
Hi,

If you search the Xen mailing list, you'll see that there was recently (as in, a few weeks ago) a large thread on this very topic. I would suggest reading that thread.

I'm guessing that you mean the "Most stable Xen distro?" thread from Apr 7th or so?

Gee, I'm reading this differently - as "which linux or bsd distribution has the best out-of-the-box xen support."

I'm a long-standing Debian user, but as I look at migrating a couple of systems from Sarge to Etch, I'd like to add Xen to my mix, and I have not been particularly happy with Debian support for Xen (or is that Xen support for Debian).

I've started looking at the BSD varients and OpenSolaris (would really like to find something that supports both Xen and ZFS - there doesn't seem to be a great overlap yet).

So.. I'd also like to hear comments on which Unix distro best supports Xen out-of-the-box.

Miles

You should take a look at Fedora's release notes on virtualisation :
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Fedora8VirtQuickStart : Fedora Core 8 uses Xen 3.1 * tomorrow Fedora Core 9 will be released and includes Xen 3.2 : see http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9preview/en_US/sn-Virtualization.html and http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=7

I think about Fedora as the platform where Xen is the most well integrated (think about libvirt : a virtualization API which supports Xen fully and will continue to do so. See http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2007-November/msg00106.html). Of course CentOS is a good choice too because it's a RedHat clone, which is itself built upon the work on Fedora.

--
Maxim Doucet - www.alamaison.fr
sys admin @ la maison