[Xen-users] modifying managed domains

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] modifying managed domains
From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang.rosenauer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:10:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 May 2008 01:11:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm running Xen 3.1 with libvirt 0.4.2 and virt-manager 0.5.4.
In the past I experimented with Xen 2 and now I'm a bit confused about xend managed domains which are created using "xm new DOMAIN_CONFIG".

I'm wondering how I can modify a domain configuration (possibly while it's running) for xend managed domains (I guess that's the preferred method with Xen 3.1?)?

My current (easy sounding) example I'm failing to find information for is how I can mark a domain for autostarting? Most information I found is about scripts which just do "xm create" which I think is the Xen2 way.

I found modifying
(on_xend_start ignore)
(on_xend_stop ignore)
could be the preferred way but I'm not even sure what's the "correct" way to change the settings. Probably using the xenstore-* commands where I haven't found much information about their usage?

Could someone please point me to documentation?

Thanks,
 Wolfgang