Re: [Xen-users] dd trough scp with tar

Hi,

Am Freitag, 25. April 2008 22:48 schrieb David Hláčik:
[..]
> *so my input will be dd if=/dev/sda1 , my output will be gzipped or tarred
> image on second side. sda1.img.gz*

i would boot both, the old ESX and the new Xen VM with a Live-CD and let both
connect to the network. So the command from the old ESX VM would be as root:
  # dd if=/dev/sda | gzip -c | ssh $DOMUIP "gunzip -c | dd of=/dev/sda"
Or just to make an image file:
  # dd if=/dev/sda | gzip -c > /tmp/sda.img.gz
Instead of using the whole disk (sda) you can use a partition (e.g. sda1) but
on the target you have to fdisk first.

--
greetings

eMHa