Re: [Xen-users] can't create domU in Ubuntu - Floating point error

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can't create domU in Ubuntu - Floating point error
From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 17:58:12 +0200
Cc: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 May 2008 08:59:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 02:04:37AM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
I just installed Ubuntu 8.04-server-amd64 and want to get a CentOS domU
installed, but virt-install keeps on failing with Floating Point exception:

root@venus:~# virt-install -v --name=vps02 --file=/home/vps02.img
--file-size=10 --ram=512
Floating point exception
Well, that's weird! I think I'd suggest filing a bug against the Ubuntu package. It's not something I've heard of happening before, so it's possible that it's specific to your situation, or to the particular version of the tool you're using.

Daniel: hope you don't mind me cc-ing, I wondered if you might have a hint for us?

That is bizarre - I've never seen such a error from virt-install. I'd
suggest running with --debug so it'll show you how far through it is
progressing. Then file a bug report with the output fro mthe debug mode.

Dan.
hmm, nice trick :)

root@venus:~# virt-install -v --ram=512 --file-size=10 --name=vps02 --file=/home/vps02.img --debug Fri, 02 May 2008 17:58:11 DEBUG Disk path not found: Assuming file disk type.
Floating point exception
root@venus:~# ls /home/
lordmerlin  vps01.img

So, why doesn't the image get created automatically?

And where do I submit a bug report?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers