Re: [Xen-users] How much is involved in porting a new OS to Xen fullvirt

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How much is involved in porting a new OS to Xen fullvirtualizaiton?
From: "sven waeyenbergh" <sven.waeyenbergh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:58:39 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:59:19 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=knNwJOPXeB352C3qbWFzjt9rVJc7UmuD0HS3iKh97gk=; b=p5Cy30O8fyRRLlclpYRJpDshVdM4ujNcVkrLC3tjQxzND/JQPiworbC7Z7EZUimg4MdRMrXIhKNgh+fW5eRnhfYPk180sABfY7KSRpX9FEU/6SMmj9VoJMJJJN4s3wft0UjapY0XYpWaCsdOqbpYbEXyG9ObT4KcTKKDmKjUKh4=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This could also be related to the bad implementation of real mode on intel.
I have been having a lot of troubles getting the boot opensolaris in HVM on intel, but it boots just fine on AMD/Pacifica.
i heard that even Suse has troubles booting on intel in HVM.
Do you have any Pacifica-capable AMD hardware to try this on ?

Ban