RE: [Xen-users] Windows Reboot.

To: "Scott McKenzie" <scott.xensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Patrick O'Rourke" <porourke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows Reboot.
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:03:03 +1000
Cc: Stuart Poulton <stuart.poulton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:03:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Patrick O'Rourke wrote:
> > Stuart Poulton wrote:
> >
> >> Windows itself is working without a problem, simply that it dosn't
> >> reboot, and the domU has to be restarted, which is a bit of an
> >> annoyance.
> >
> > Do you have PV drivers running on the Windows guest?
> I don't have any drivers in my Windows HVM guest (SBS2K3) and it
reboots
> fine.

I've seen this behaviour without any PV drivers too. The DomU doesn't
die, it just sits in a 'text mode' screen with a cursor flashing. I
actually had to 'xm destroy' it and then restart it.

I haven't seen it in a while though... maybe there are some Microsoft
hotfixes or service packs that fix it?

James