RE: Re[Xen-users] lease 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: "jamesshirley" <james.shirley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re[Xen-users] lease 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:41:04 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 02:41:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> James,
>
> James Harper wrote:
> >
> > http://www.meadowcourt.org/WindowsXenPV-0.8.7.zip
> >

> I'm still having the same duplicate disk issues I was having with
0.8.4,
> here is my setup:
>
> 2 * Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2216 HE
> 8GB RAM
> Windows Server 2003 SP2 user domain Standard Install + AU language
> settings
> Filesystem for user domains on LVM2 on HP P400 (cciss driver) SAS
> controller
> 8*146GB RAID 1+0
> Redhat5.1 kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5xen 32bit
> Xen 3.1.0-53.1.4.el5
>
> any help would be really cool!

Doh! I thought I'd fixed all of those problems. The very worst that
should have happened was a BSoD when the system realised that it hadn't
disabled the driver yet and found it was too late to do anything about
it.

Can you please confirm that all the xen driver files installed
(C:\windows\system32\drivers\xen*.sys) are exactly the same as in the
0.8.8 release? Maybe the drivers aren't being upgraded? Or is it a new
install?

Thanks

James