[Xen-users] re:help cresting a image

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] re:help cresting a image
From: axel muller <dmdm00@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:59:33 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:00:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   There is a good howto i have been following and the
    guy who wrote it does not respond as it was
written
    about 13/14 months ago

    the line i need help with is

    >xen-test:~# xen-create-image --debootstrap
--hostname
    xen-etch --dhcp >--dist=etch

    the thing is that i can use dhcp but i do not have
    hostname or a FQDN.

Todd wrote:

>The hostname is the hostname to set for the guest.

so it does not matter what name to use
for example at my command promt i have

axel@debian

the thing that i suppose gave me a wrong/correct
inpression whichever was in the create xen image man
file it says:

      --hostname    Set the hostname of the new guest
system.
Ideally this will be fully-qualified since several
of the hook scripts will expect to be able to parse
a domain name out of it for various purposes.

dmdm

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go