Re: [Xen-users] Conflict with Xen bridge?

On Thursday, 27 March 2008 11:35:32 +0100,
Marc Patino Gómez wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Marc.

> About the wrapper script of network-bridge... I don't understand why
> it  don't work, try to execute it by hand

> /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr0 vifnum=0

> ... and use brctl command to add, del interfaces and bridges...

> Anyway, to debug the errors I will go step by step:

> ----Important-----:
> Think that your config in /etc/network/interfaces your eth0 the pppoe
> interface is vif0.0 in dom0 ! and your are attaching it to xenbr0
> bridge with peth1 (eth1 physical interface)

> Think about it, at the moment I don't have much time to give you a
> more detailed answer :(.

Mmmm... executing by hand the previous line, I got the following output.
I suspect that it is the cause because of which the wrapper script don't
work.

ifdown: interface eth0 not configured
SIOCSIFNAME: Device or resource busy

But vifnum=1 causes that it loses the connectivity with LAN and
Internet. Some idea about why it can happen?

> To do your scenario I will create 2  bridges and the via iptables make
> the FW , nat ...

> Tell me about your progress, ;)

Thanks for your time. I will try to read about advanced networking
configuration with Xen. But I will accept any suggestion or comment that
you can give me :-)

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37