Re: [Xen-users] dell virtualization technology

To: "Heiko" <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] dell virtualization technology
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 05:59:00 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 05:00:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Not only will this bring advantages, but it is the only way you can get Xen to run HVMs - any O/S that isn't Xen-aware, like Microsoft Windows (wow, is that really the only one left these days??).  So, if you plan to run Windows or some of the earlier versions of Solaris on Xen, you'll definitely need to switch this on.  If you're only going to be running Xen kernels for Linux, Solaris, BSD, etc., then you don't need it, but you won't lose anything by turning it on.

-Nick

>>> On 2008/03/25 at 05:21, Heiko <rupertt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
we have a Dell m1000e Bladecenter with some blades and in the handbook
it says something
about "Virtualization technology" which can be switched to on.
Would this bring any advantages with Xen? We have a couple of VM
running on the blades.

thx for help

Heiko

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.