[Xen-users] Re: block-* scripts multiple issues

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: block-* scripts multiple issues
From: Aleksandar Ivanisevic <aleksandar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:11:31 +0100
Cancel-lock: sha1:ShaKFnr62NyA369VB/9k8whqZCM=
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:05:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zakk <zakk-xenusers@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm not sure why my mail server decided to suddenly push this through,
> but whatever!
>
> Since it's out there, I'd like to follow up a bit and say I DID manage
> to work around the qemu-dm issue by wrapping it and doing some queries
> into the xenstore, but it's quite ugly. I also patched the block-drbd
> scripts so that you specified the /dev/drbdX instead of the resource
> name, so any external utilities (like xm) that check the block device
> would work.
>
> Migration works just fine; I think in that instance the block-*
> scripts run as part of the migration process and THEN qemu-dm
> starts?

Hmmm... qemu-dm is only used in fully virtualized domUs, right?

I'm having trouble with using drbd devices in xen 3.0.3, I'm wondering
if it is the same issue.

Here are my symptoms:

if I define drbd device as

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/drbd12,sda,w' ]

then it works, but then the device is not put into primary or
secondary mode automatically so the migration does not work

if I define it as

disk = [ 'drbd:resourcename,sda,w' ]

then I get

# xm create xxx -c
Using config file "./xxx".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 650, in ?
    fs = fsimage.open(file, get_fs_offset(file))
IOError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported
No handlers could be found for logger "xend"
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

if I put a print file before line 650 in pygrub I see that the
resource name is being passed to pygrub instead of device name. If I
hardcode file in pygrub to device name then it works OK.

Is this a bug with xen 3.0.3 that is fixed later or will it work only
if I get the patches from you? ;)

--
To sto si frustriran, zavidan tko zna na cemu i sto ne vidis dalje od
svoje guzice je tuzno. Da onda barem imas toliko samokontrole da