Re: [Xen-users] 802.1Q VLAN vs xenbr0

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 03:24:45PM -0300, Tiago Cruz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 09:38 +0100, Dariusz Malec wrote:
>
> > What does it mean "you lost your vlan"? if you have assign an ip addres
> > to eth0.260 interface you will lost a communication when you add this
> > interface to the bridge.
>
> Yep. I was using ssh to manage one remote computer, and I lost this
> connection when I've added the bridge.
>

> > Try to configure eth0.260 with no ip addr assigned, add this interface
> > to the bridge and assign ip address to the xenbr0 interface. You should
> > be able to ping your hosts in vlan260 from dom0.
>
> I've tried a lot of combination, and my final solution was:
>
> - Does not use any IP/Alias on bridge interface
> - Use another VLAN (TAG 272 on my example) to management
>
> Some like this:
> http://wiki.xen-br.org/images/4/4b/Xen.png

I use the attached script for managing the bridges. Note that I use the
format VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD for the vlan interfaces (eg: vlan272).

The files go to:

- /etc/xen/scripts: vlan-bridge and vlan-bridge-common.sh
- /etc/xen: qemu-ifup

You'll then have to edit /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp:

1. change network script to:
   (network-script :)

2. change vif script to:
   (vif-script vlan-bridge)