Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:41:17 +0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:41:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Florian Manschwetus wrote:
When, we could expect this release? I need it really.
And is this usable for 64 bit Windows 2003 or 2008?

Are you planning to use gplv driver for production environment?
I had the same plan once - had to abandon it. For now, anyway, as gplpv (IMHO) is currently best suited for testing purposes only.

In my case it was network performance problem. Although it (should) be much better than the emulated realtek driver, it is nowhere near native performance. James is doing a great job developing this driver, but ultimately I decided to use vmware-server for windows guests, which is able to deliver close to 100 Mbps.

Regards,

Fajar