[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] NR_IRQ limit

On Feb 29, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Subrahmanian, Raj wrote:

Eric,

In that case, you will need to change the NR_DYNIRQS value in ./ linux-2.6-xen-sparse/include/asm-x86_64/mach-xen/irq_vectors.h and recompile your Dom0.

Thank you. I assume I'll still have to change NR_VECTORS in Xen itself, right?

I think you are trying to boot large numbers of VMs.

I'm currently booting 80 guests, each with two vdb, one vif. I am prevented from creating more at this time due to the limited number of IRQs (80*3=240 + various others for console/xenbus/etc). Ultimately, I'd like to try bringing this up to 160, or even 320 guests if the hardware allows.

My kernels are compiling now, I'll test them out on my test machine, and hopefully I'll be able to get these changes into production tomorrow.

Regards,

Eric Windisch
GrokThis.net

PH: 1-800-630-0476