[Xen-users] invalid opcode on Dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] invalid opcode on Dom0
From: Nephila <segnalazioni@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:21:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:33:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have a (supposedly) quite standard setup: 2 Dom0 with drbd-on-lvm and a
bunch of DomU, on Quad Xeon Dell servers.
We tried with both Debian sid-based and Debian etch-based (+ 3.1 xen
hypervisor and drbd 8
from backports.org ) Dom0, and quite consistently have "kernel: invalid
opcode: 0000 [1] SMP" errors which freezes Dom0 (during lasts tests a simple
start-and-stop loop of 10 DomU can trigger this error) .
Given that everything is ok on scaled down (AMD Athlon64-based PCs) test setup
we built to investigate these issues, i would like to know if you are aware
of any platform specific problem bug which could generate such problem

Thanks

--

Nephila sas
PGP key block: http://www.nephila.it/pgp