Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen-3.0.3 occur kernel panic

To: Chris Lalancette <clalance@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen-3.0.3 occur kernel panic
From: Wei Jiang <WEI.JIANG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:21:10 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:22:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

About such a issue, are there any code changes?

Thanks,

--Wj

Chris Lalancette wrote:
Wei Jiang wrote:

>From the kernel panic messages, I found that happened
at line 2245 of mm/memory.c

   2244         pte_unmap(page_table);
*   2245         BUG_ON(vma->vm_flags & VM_PFNMAP);*
   2246
   2247         if (vma->vm_file) {

As we can see, the kernel panic because the vm_flags in a *VM_PFNMAP*

But why the vm_flags was set to VM_PFNMAP, If it is related to *APIC* ?

Yes, Sadique is right.  This bug was fixed in 5.1, and will be further refined
in 5.2.

Chris Lalancette

DISCLAIMER:"The information contained in this message and the attachments (if any) may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, review, retransmission, or taking of any action based upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message, and have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and kindly delete the original message, attachments, if any, and all its copies from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation."