Re: [Xen-users] Shutdown/reboot problem with Xen 3.2 HVM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Shutdown/reboot problem with Xen 3.2 HVM
From: "Saúl Ibarra" <saghul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:29:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:30:11 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=TYXqpupg6Pik49+S5Y9jfbtDbM5mMiYf7BmO6vGtfBw=; b=dy9S/juv9JED2F8o5bbfiofdA0s8QTi29l+t3rlVNRgsznIPkhxjzb35IXdThYdtLHuczbCFkEsDSARgL6qHbTapgkOCmqCKzVc8n/vK+mznFoM2umdTKFTmiy1jBkvH0QJ0HHYYm8PT1ue4qTvDt0ZQKMnJUopvXd3rBuZhbZI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, thanks for replying!

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Maximilian Wilhelm <max@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Sunday, den 24 February hub Saúl Ibarra folgendes in die Tasten:
>
>  Hi!
>

>  > Recently I installed Xen 3.2 with HVM support on my QuadCore host. I
>  > installed a Debian Etch guest domU, but I can't get it shutdown or
>  > reboot properly.
>
>  Are you using HVM for a Linux guest?
>  If so, why not using para-virt?

I'm using HVM because I wan't the host to be just like a 'normal'
one... but I might be missing something... wich one gives better
performance?

>  > When y execute 'reboot' or 'halt' from the domU, it hangs or
>  > something, because xm info shows state 's' for ever.
>
>  When exactly does it hang?

When I execute reboot from the guest, it passes from state r to state
b a little and then it goes to state s. In order to reboot the guest I
have to xm destoy and create it again... is there a way to get these
commands (halt and reboot) to work?

Thanks in advance!

>  Ciao
>  Max
>  --
>         Follow the white penguin.

Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."