[Xen-users] migrating between different hardware (xen-3.1.3)

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] migrating between different hardware (xen-3.1.3)
From: b52@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:13:09 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:13:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I setup a testbed todo some migration tests for work and got a problem..

I used two P4 2.4GHz an AMD64 4200+ (SVM) and an Intel C2D 6320 1.86GHz. I
had xen 3.1.3 with 2.6.18 and exactly the same versions on all systems
(mirrored AoE) and one 32Bit domU

Now if I created this domU on one of the P4s, I was able to migrate it
between every host.
If I created this domU on the AMD or Intel C2D, it was only possible to
migrate between these both. The domU always crashed if I tried to migrate
it to the P4s.

You can find the xm info of all 4 PCs and one xm log of source(AMD) and
one xm log of destination(P4) in close.

Any help is appreciated and please CC me
Cheers,
Holger