RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: "jim burns" <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:02:03 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 05:02:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Thursday 21 February 2008 05:05:56 am James Harper wrote:
> > . pvSCSI support (eg can pass through tape drives and cd burners,
> > although I haven't tested the latter). This hasn't seen nearly as
much
> > testing as everything else, but I've run the tests in the HP Library
&
> > Tape Tools successfully, including a firmware update.
>
> Nice. Any special syntax needed in the domain config, or dom0 grub,
beyond
> the standard pciback hide stuff? Do you need xen 3.2/Vt-d?

Look at Jan Kamada's posts with a subject of '[Patch x/7] pvSCSI driver'
on or around the 18th.

> > I highly recommend uninstalling all trace of any previous version
before
> > installing this one. Particularly put the Windows PCI Bus driver
back
> > the way it was (eg update drivers and just click next a few times).
>
> What's the best order to uninstall in - the reverse order of
installing?
> That
> would make it xenhide, xenstub, xennet, xenvbd, xenenum, xenpci?
Everytime
> rip out xenhide, I have a massive hardware reconfiguration with the
Add
> Hardware Wizard on the next reboot.

I'd just re-install the windows PCI driver (eg right click on xenhide,
update driver, next, next, etc). After that I'd just delete
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\xen*.sys and reboot.

James