[Xen-users] [Xen 3.2]How to NAT and bridge together?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] [Xen 3.2]How to NAT and bridge together?
From: "pradeep singh rautela" <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:27:05 +0530
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:57:44 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=Or5S5qYhhIYdAS1FElBU5Tw7HUfaC2C1MjflFr3jYAA=; b=kvuXAGN35J1UN19qs9BAuRqyHGkteWOzFD7yFBDYIEW5kCMOYF5ERlJUCk2elye14v4qV4TXkUn6/ul3QXLJSAYqt6DXZ4tY85wioQxIjV4+eprPdrtTNrugYX9kuCmJR+DR6RYHpqplbXzeaDthnW/6Xf7wu41nREmA/ZSKDsw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

How does NAT work now in xen-3.2?
I am not at all able to write a custom script which will attache peth0
to bridge xenbr0(eth0 now) and make peth1 NAT for a dedicated HVM
domU.

This is what i write in my custom script.

dir=$(dirname "$0")

"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" bridge=eth0 netdev=eth0

"$dir/network-nat" "$@" netdev=eth1

Whats wrong this thing?

Can't i run one ethernet interface in NAT mode and other in bridged
mode at the same time in Xen-3.2?

How will i know that this NAT thing is working only for one NIC and
one HVM domainU?What should i look for in dom0?

$ brctl show gets me [without any domU working]
eth0            8000.0000c0123300       no              peth0

Can someone explain me why xenbr0 was renamed to eth0 and so on?
It seems to beat shit out of poor soul like me :-).

On a side note, the eth1 device on domainU cannot be created, meaning
something wrong with the way i am using nat-script it seems. How do i
use it in this case.

I used the syntax after look at network-nat under /etc/xen/scripts/ .

Any pointers.

ps:- please do not point me to shorewall and xen configuration link,
it works only for PV guests.

Thanks,

--
Pradeep Singh Rautela