[Xen-users] Re: xen-3.0.4 networking problem after migration

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: xen-3.0.4 networking problem after migration
From: Weikuan Yu <weikuan.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:30:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:31:15 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=NBQleSg0RhGSDvFtLC1c0mB5mWL+bCPsadq7Xr/+5jI=; b=MGPmu0M6xH5ajOeN3IP+H7Be0PDBb9d8jL9lATbn+7hFWMI9jjkV1OkIFni+FWhKdth7p+dIYtRlqyR+m1V+i8iQNscGMTFy6HaZtQVlUkILSXk6M3M0Z73EpoTtc3svv0HtpHANqHH2k6KrxtApXcM81oY2SBQWI+J6SZOUQSs=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I reply to my post earlier. It was a problem on the configuration file. It appears that, when not using dhcp, live migration with static mac address would cause a problem to IP in migrated domU.

--Weikuan

Weikuan Yu wrote:
Hello,

I am facing an networking problem for xen migration. I used to have it working fine. But as I worked with several trees, I lost track on the correct configuration I should have.

The problem is as this, with xen-3.0.4 on CentOS-4.4. I can install xen, start xend, and create domU, all fine.
# xend start (on both nodes)
# ssh node02 xend start

Then create a domU on node01
# xm create -c cvm.01

At this point, I can ping this domU from many different nodes in the subnet. Then, I migrate it to node02
# xm migrate cvm.01 -l node02

Right after the migration, I can no long ping the domU. This domU now can only be ping'ed from the new host, node02. Interestingly, if I migrate the same domU back to node01. Pinging works fine again from many different nodes.

Anybody has seen this before? I know xen-3.0.4 is old by now. But want to avoid a new installation if possible.

Can somebody offer a hint? Any help is appreciated.

-- Weikuan