[Xen-users] Xen DomU Communication Problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen DomU Communication Problems
From: Sarah Scheibe <scheibe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:10:22 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:11:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Morning,

I have a Xen machine with a domU that provides backups for our department. The domU is running Bacula. The dom0 hosts the bacula storage daemon which communicates with the tape device connected to the dom0.

I recently moved our file server onto this machine under this dom0. Prior to this move, backups worked fine on the file server as well as everything else. However, post move, whenever I attempt to back up the file server I lose network on both domUs (the backup server and the file server) until I either kill the bacula storage daemon on the dom0 or console in to the backup server and kill bacula from there. After that, networking returns to both domUs immediately.

These two domUs are the only domUs on this machine. Networking is never affected on the dom0, just the domUs. Backing up all other servers still works just fine.

I am frankly stumped. I am running a debian distribution, and have tried upgrading the kernel to version 2.6.18 and upgrading to the most recent Xen hypervisor 3.0.3.1 revision, all without luck in solving the problem.

If anyone has any ideas or has run into this problem and found a solution, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sarah