[Xen-users] domu and cciss

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] domu and cciss
From: David Corral <david.corral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:33:35 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 01:34:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there guys.
After some weeks of xen happiness, I finally found something that is beginning
to piss me off. I'm trying to create a domu on a HP machine with the cciss
raid driver.

Dom0 works fine, and the disks are flagged as /dev/cciss/c0d0pX, but I'm
having problems with the domu because of the cciss support (I created the
domu with --debootstrap). In fact, I can create it, but this is what I get
when trying to access it:

"mount: Mounting /root/dev on /dev./static/dev/failed: No such file or
directory
Done.
mount: Mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: Mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off"

This is part of the configuration file for the domu. I have already tried many
different combinations on it.

root = '/dev/sda1 ro'
disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/domains/debian/disk.img,/dev/sda1,w',
'file:/home/xen/domains/debian/swap.img,/dev/sda2,w']

Since both dom0 and domu are using the same kernel, should I create a new
kernel for my domu without any raid/cciss support or not? I'm confused about
that.
Should I create an specifical initrd for the domu and add it to the
configuration file?

Thanks in advance!