RE: [Xen-users] xen in hosting envoroment

To: "Azrul Rahim" <write2me@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen in hosting envoroment
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:05:51 +1100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 04:06:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(cc'd back to the list... I assume that was your intent?)

> It might be safer if I explicitly specify the kernel outside the DomU
> and disable kernel module loading. Just wondering if this is overly
> paranoid

Probably not a lot of point. The sort of crashes I was seeing aren't
something that someone will just stumble across by accident (unless they
are doing driver development on your box).

And if you are trying to prevent malicious activity, the malicious user
could just load a kernel module anyway.

James