[Xen-users] Xen guest nfs client not responding

To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen guest nfs client not responding
From: "Mark Furner" <mark.furner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:12:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:13:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

I'm trying to get my NFS Xen vm guest systems to their host via NFS (within the
same machine but keep getting performance-related errors):

nfs: server [IP] not responding, still trying
nfs: server [IP] OK
[loops]

Connectivity is flaky at best and applications running within the Xen guests
keep crashing or freezing as a result.

There is a note at a LTSP site that says NFS has problems with the 2.6 Kernel
and discrepancies in NIC capacity between the host and client if the NFS block
sizes are too large:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/NFS#NFS_Server_not_responding
Does this apply to Xen too?
Their fix: pass on kernel options to the NFS client. How could I try this with
Xen?

Thanks for any help!