Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.2.0 -> Newer kernel and more..

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.2.0 -> Newer kernel and more..
From: Holm Kapschitzki <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:07:54 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:08:47 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emre Erenoglu schrieb:

About kernel, newer kernels than 2.6.18 are not supported by XEN. These are distribution specific. There's no official patch for kernels above 2.6.18. So I suggest using 2.6.18 until Xen supports a higher version kernel.

Sorry, I doesnt unserstand nothing at all. I asked in the list how to
use a newer kernel (xen-patched) with xen 3.1. So the answer was - Its
just a kernel - no problem.

For example: Gentoo hast a 2.6.20-6 xen patched kernel. So my question
again:

Its is possible to use this kernel under etch with xen 3.1? So it is ok
to compile the gentoo kernel in etch und load this kernel with grub for
dom0 after installing xen 3.1 out of the sources?

greetings Holm