[Xen-devel] Xen Summit Spring 2008 Proposal

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen Summit Spring 2008 Proposal
From: "Stephen Spector" <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:46:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:49:32 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Xen Community:

I have recently taken on the role of Program Manager for the Xen.org community and am responsible for the website, Xen Summits, technology promotion, and other various activities related the growth and well being of the overall community. Please take the time to revisit Xen.org and review some of the new content available including the Xen 3.3 Roadmap now posted. If you have any questions on the community or would like to provide feedback please send me an email at stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx or join the newly formed xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I have been working on several alternatives for the Spring 2008 Xen Summit and would like to offer the community an opportunity to provide feedback. Citrix is going to sponsor the Spring Summit and currently does not have the facilities capable of supporting the event so I am considering hotels and convention centers. The current sites being proposed are:

  • April 9 – 10 or 10 – 11: Boston Sheraton Hotel (USA)
    • Room rates at $219.45
  • April 14 – 15 : Vancouver Hyatt (Canada)
    • Room rates at $212.75 (includes tax)
  • May 14 – 15: : Boston John Hynes Convention Center (USA)
    • No associated hotel; will work to find several locations providing discounts
  • May 29 – 30 : Vancouver Convention Center (Canada)
    • No associated hotel; will work to find several locations providing discounts

I anticipate the 2 day event costing between $250 to $300 (US) per person with the usual discounts in place for students. Besides the technical sessions, we will also have an evening out on the first night to ensure some good cheer is added to the event.

Please provide any feedback on these proposed locations and dates directly to me at stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx or xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I will be posting the comments and final decision later this week or early next week depending on the responses.

Thank you,

Stephen Spector

Sr. Program Manager, Xen.org

Citrix Systems, Inc.