Re: [Xen-users] Xen - AoE benchmarks

XenoCrateS wrote:
Firstly, thanks to those who responded. I ll take the Giga bit ethernet
suggestion for sure.

The objective here is NOT to USE CoRAID at all. Use the pcs in the lan ,
for storage purposes and carry on. The HPC cluster which we are building or
aiming to build focusses more on other resources like cpus, network, etc
and doesnt place much emphasis on RAID . So, I am looking for a of the
shelf, no cost, unified storage solution (sans any extra hardware aka
coraid ) ie just use the vblade and aoe modules, and use it over the simple
gigabit lan. It doesnt have to be highly sophisticated like SANs or have
multiple raid levels (i could use drbd if such a need arises).
---Again, the emphasis here is not on enterprise type scenarios with High
Availability storage and data integrity.
Hi,

I use it with vblades and did not perform benchmark on it. On a cluster pair and a raid 10 array with drbd and heartbeat and Gb ethernet it "feels" really fast, in other words I could not see any difference for regular applications under normal load. Aoe is very interesting as it does not use cpu for complex tcp/ip computation like iSCSI or other routed technologies.

My 2 cents.

Enjoy 2008.

++

thanks