[Xen-users] CentOS5 dom0 Ubuntu domU problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] CentOS5 dom0 Ubuntu domU problems
From: Nijskens Raf <rnijskens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:18:28 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:27:47 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:reply-to:to:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=X8i8g7Sf7Vb+Mdyj0xHCJP/X05IyCvNOxn9DV9BFgKs=; b=SLKhQMA8fUXrid95G9p7pc1+HFSvAAmCARL9JPeps8txdsMRyVX15gcq0hR962fE1N+GM7TDAR04hprmX5Tlte8iOnqU53qWxR3RiEzZJpXr2uceu5jpEUoemC3wVCKwHyCq8cLMNCehlQfgfeSh10LZTM0Tb500VCIPgXv7uys=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

Situation:

Centos 5 dom0, running several centos5 domU's. No problems there.

Now I want to add an ubuntu domu.

Tried several things:

1.  Install new machine with debootstrap.
        Problem: eth0 does not work:
                netfront: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
                netfront: device eth0 has flipping receive path.

                root@ox:~# ifconfig eth0 172.16.0.150 netmask
                255.255.255.0
                SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
                eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such
                device
                SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device

        Tried several kernels, but no luck.

2.  Install new machine from jailbrake image
        Tested image: everything worked

        Copied everything from image to lvm partition and after booting
        that one, again the same troubles: eth0 does not work:
                netfront: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
                netfront: device eth0 has flipping receive path.

                root@ox:~# ifconfig eth0 172.16.0.150 netmask
                255.255.255.0
                SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
                eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such
                device
                SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device

        After a few failing test, i booted the jailbrake image again.
        But now I've with it the same problem. Just to have no
        misunderstandings, I didn't change anything to that image.

Now:

Has anyone a clue what's going on?
Could the id causing a problem? I've checked it when the jailbrake image
didn't work anymore and it was then 66.

Thx in advance,

raf