Re: Re; [Xen-users] Ethernet has Alzheimers

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re; [Xen-users] Ethernet has Alzheimers
From: Gareth Bult <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:04:03 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Matthew Crocker <mcrocker@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gareth Bult <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:04:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok,

I've a sneaking suspicion after a couple of tests that this may be the cure.

It needs to go into /etc/xen/scripts/xen-network-common.sh

I notice over recent versions there have been a number of people commenting on
what looks like the same problem, nobody seems to have a definitive fix.

My other fix (to date) it to insert static ARP entries with;

arp -s <address> <hwaddr>

This also seems to be working ...

Many thanks,
Gareth.