[Xen-users] Re: cluster server options

jim burns wrote:

> On Tue December 25 2007 9:20:44 pm Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
>> NFS is a filesystem server protocol; therefore you can use it to host a
>> file backed store.  to use blockdevice backed stores you need a
>> blockdevice sharing protocol.  the most popular are iSCSI, AoE and gnbd
>
> Ok - that clears it up. Any favorite urls? Thanx.

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2007-January/006290.html
http://www.gridvm.org/drbd-lvm-gnbd-and-xen-for-free-and-reliable-san.html
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-06/msg00556.html
http://wiki.novell.com/images/0/01/CHASF_preview_Nov172006.pdf
https://open.datacore.ch/DCwiki.open/Wiki.jsp?page=GFS.Install#section-GFS.Install-InstallationOfGFSOnASystemRunningTheGenTooLinuxDistributionhttpgentoo.org

These are the pages i got most info from.

What i am currently trying are:

1. 2 boxes, with a master-master drbd block device replication,
2. evms cluster aware volume manager
3. iSCSI targets on both hosts

4. multipath iscsi setup on the xen servers (seperate boxes).

one and two are working, three does work, but needs 'double configuration'
(configuration on both hosts), which i don't like.