[Xen-users] Monitoring Xen performance

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Monitoring Xen performance
From: "Ian P. Christian" <pookey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:55:04 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 03:55:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I need to monitor performance of my xen hosts. I want to know when i'm hitting memory I/O, disk I/O, CPU resource limits or any other resource.

Ideally, I would be monitoring this via SNMP, however it would appear that when I monitor CPU usage of dom0 via SNMP, the stats I see are for just dom0, not the entire xen host.

I've noticed there's a tool called 'xenmon', but I have yet to install it - I though I'd ask how you guys monitor your xen servers before I did.

Kind regards,

--

Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk