Re: [Xen-users] console for full virtualization vm

Michael Lessard wrote:
Igor,

I already have serial='pty' in my VM config ... But how i can redirect console inside HVM ?

Append the "console=ttyS0" to the kernel line in grub.conf for the guest.

Add "co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 9600 vt100-nav" in your /etc/inittab before starting the ttyx defenitions.

--Sadique

thanks !

On Dec 1, 2007 3:13 AM, Igor Chubin < igor@xxxxxxx <mailto:igor@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Fr, Nov 30, 2007 at 08:04:01 -0500, Michael Lessard wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    >  Are there a way to have console for full virtualized vm ?  I
    know we can
    > vnc on vm, but in the case we want to install a vm and we don't
    have access
    > to any graphical interface ...

    I think, you can try this solution:

    1. Redirect console inside HVM domain to the serial port
    2. In the config file of your domain specify

    serial='pty'

    and after that try to connect using minicom or xm console.

    <mailto:Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    --
    WBR, i.m.chubin