[Xen-users] Does Xen fit my needs?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Does Xen fit my needs?
From: "Daniel Savard" <daniel.savard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:17:16 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:17:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

I am new to Xen, in fact I downloaded it but didn't install it yet and I am not sure my first intend use of it is appropriate.

I would like to run multiple guests on my laptop as a laboratory, however at the same time, I would not like to lost the 3-D graphical capabilities of my graphics adapter for at least one guest.

As far as I understand the way Xen is working, the graphics adapter will no longer be directly accessible by any guest, so, I don't see how it will be possible to take advantage of it rather than sticking on a generic driver?

My graphics adapter is a Nvidia adapter and my laptop a Lenovo Thinkpad T61p.

Am I trying to do something impossible here? I may install another Linux and boot it instead of booting Xen when I need to take advantage of my graphics adapter, however, this is not my best option.

Any advice here will be welcome.

TIA