Re: [Xen-users] pciback.hide with debian

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pciback.hide with debian
From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:22:38 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 04:23:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
macsim wrote:
Hi all,

I made run some domU on my debian stable dom0

I got 2 NIC and I would like to attach my second NIC to a special dom0 (proxy)

I read some docs about it, I add pciback.hide=(0a:02.0) on my menu.lst and I start my domU (proxy) like that.

xm -create -c proxy pci=0a:02.0

I try with pci=['0a:02.0'] on my domU conf file

But none of this work for me.

I use kernel 2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-686

So I have two questions.
Is it possible to assign my second card to my domU with standard debian kernel ?
If yes where am I wrong ?

Thanks.

max

If you have a look for threads around one week ago, I was trying to
resolve very similar issue.

Anyway, I have same config as you Debian Etch, binary xen from deb packages.

1.) add the pciback.hide(00:00.0) to /etc/grub/menu.lst
2.) delete the record for that Network Card (MAC) in
/etc/udev/rules.d/z25*net.rules
3.) reboot computer and make sure that driver for that card is not
loaded (lsmod), there should not be eth* assigned to that card
4.) add pci = ('00:0.0') to domU config file
5.) start domU and make sure that:
        DomU have UDEV installed!!!
        DomU will load the driver
        DomU have record the card in /etc/udev/rules.d/z25*net.rules

And it should work.

PS: when you install UDEV in domU have a look in
/etc/udev/rules.d/z25*net.rules and delete all records - then reboot to
recreate them.

Jiri