Re: [Xen-users] PPPoE in DomU exits with error

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PPPoE in DomU exits with error
From: Christian Lyra <lyra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:10:37 -0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:11:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> I am trying to setup my firewall in DomU. However, I have got a
>  >>> little problem. My *pon dsl-provider *exits with following
>  >>> message.

>  > My firewall is a domU too, but it has control of the interface
>  > connected to the internet, and pppoe works just fine. never tried
>  > to do this with a bridge...
>  >

>  What do you mean by domU has control over the interface?

I "hide" the interface from dom0 with pciback.hide=(xx:xx.x) in grub and
present it to domU with pci = [ 'xx:xx.x' ]. So the domU has control of
the real pci device.

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

  Grand Master Turing once dreamed that he was a machine. When he awoke
he exclaimed:
    ``I don't know whether I am Turing dreaming that I am a machine, or
a machine dreaming that I am Turing!''
                                                The Tao Of Programing