[Xen-users] Current state of Speedstep/PowerNow support

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Current state of Speedstep/PowerNow support
From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:46:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:47:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear,

I have recently been looking for the current state of Xen regarding
frequency & voltage scaling. However I do not have a clear picture
whether Xen actually supports this at the current point in time. It
seems there are patches from a variaty of different people. What is the
current state on this in 3.1 or current development?

I'm planning on building a home server based on an Intel processor and
like to have the system save power when its processor resources are
not/hardly used (meaning most of its service lifetime). Xen seems good
to run multiple instances of Linux/Windows on a single machine and do
some relative safe (and low cost) experimentation with it.

Thanks,

- Joris