Re: [Xen-users] domU on shared storage

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU on shared storage
From: "Jeff Lane" <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:41:46 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:42:32 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ktvAudN2dGH9NHHxtClRquSGE+9mDvaAQP4buTE9XhI=; b=Dk/0x72Jt+VKIVFPKmaE988IWsIYCIN6sT1x0aZGuJMCOs9j7+7xRMHLOTC5BRNd6fYD3QOryr0aQ8Z9oitcmfxEOLNE5F7sA/z/sVSN14JduDT3MoipKtuICj25NUSK4Zr+BbSz5AJTGH41MydOeNf7Cf86sQsyxUCww3eaguY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If he's using shared storage between two Xen machines, would he not be
able to simply migrate from one to the other??

xm migrate <options>

On Nov 16, 2007 12:16 PM, Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sebastian Reitenbach schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a shared disk presented to two hosts. A domU is living on it.
> > Do I can safely pause the domU on one host, and then start/resume it on the
> > other one? Would that work somehow, or would that trash the filesystem of
> > the domU?
>
> Theoretically, yes.
> Practically, no. Stop the domU on one host and start it on the second.
> Additionally, add some logic to prevent (accidental) starting the domU
> on both machines.
> The filesystem will definitely be destroyed if the domU is started/unpaused
> on two machines.
>

> --
> Stephan Seitz
> Senior System Administrator
>
> *netz-haut* e.K.
> multimediale kommunikation
>
> zweierweg 22
> 97074 würzburg
>
> fon: +49 931 2876247
> fax: +49 931 2876248
>
> web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>
>
> registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054

                      www.jefflane.org
                Another cog in the great
                     Corporate Wheel

The internet has no government, no constitution, no laws, no
rights, no police, no courts.  Don't talk about fairness or
innocence, and don't talk about what should be done.  Instead,
talk about what is being done and what will be done by the
amorphous unreachable undefinable blob called "the internet
user base." -Paul Vixie