Re: [Xen-users] XEN - Broadcom issue: survey

Hi Steven,

Steven Smith-9 wrote:

> For an HVM domain, you probably want to look at the tap device rather than
> the
> vif.

What do you mean exactly?
I'm having the exact same behaviour described by Ivan in his email (dropped
packets on the vifxx interface), but my tap device hasn't got anything
strange.
Another strange thing I just observed is that in the host domain the dropped
packets are on the VIFxx interface on the TX side, while in xm top I can see
the same number of dropped packets on the "Net0" interface of my guest,
*but* on the RX side.
I assumed that this is normal, but maybe it's important.

M.