Re: [Xen-users] query remote hypervisor

To: mrroach@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] query remote hypervisor
From: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:53:51 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 23:54:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
"Mark Roach" <mrroach@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/2/07, Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for a way to remotely find out, how much memory is
available
> > on
> > a remote host, and how much is consumed by each virtual node.
> > Also is it possible to change the memory allocation of a domU from a
> > remote
> > host? I am looking for sth. like: xm mem-set domain@remote-host 1234
> > so that I can do all that from within a shell script?
>

> How about 'ssh remote-host "xm mem-set yada yada"'?
I want to use it for live migration of hosts in a linux-ha cluster. There it
can happen that more than one domU has to migrate to a new location. Race
conditions can happen. On the linux-ha-dev list someone pointed me to the
XenApi, I think that is better suited for me.

Sebastian