[Xen-users] How to make the physical cd/dvd-rom visible in windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to make the physical cd/dvd-rom visible in windows
From: domi55 <dmt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 05:45:24 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:03:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello together...

Allright I've installed Solaris Nevada Build 75a with XEN on my Toshiba
Tecra M5 Laptop:

bash-3.2# uname -a
SunOS mel3do 5.11 snv_75 i86pc i386 i86xpv
bash-3.2# more /etc/release
                  Solaris Express Community Edition snv_75a X86
           Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 11 October 2007
bash-3.2#

I've two domains running at the moment:

bash-3.2# xm list
Name                                      ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0   521     2     r-----   2759.5
winxp_sp2                                  8   468     1     -b----    238.4

Here is my config file which I used to create the win xp domain:

bash-3.2# more winxp.hvm
disk = [ 'file:/winxp-disk.raw,hdc,w',
    'file:/Desktop/winxp.iso,hda:cdrom,r' ]

memory = 460
name = "winxp_sp2"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
vif = [ 'type=ioemu' ]

on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'preserve'

boot='d'
vnc=1
vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
vncpasswd=''
serial='null'
usb=1
usbdevice="tablet"

import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
     arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
     arch_libdir = 'lib'
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

So now i can't see the physical cd-rom in Windows XP when i connect to it
over vnc. How can i attach the cd/dvd-rom to windows.?

I tried it with the following command:

bash-3.2# xm block-attach winxp_sp2 phy://dev/dsk/c1t0d0s2 99 r

Is this correct? Thanks for your help.