[Xen-users] LVM filesystem or partition

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] LVM filesystem or partition
From: "IDAGroup - R.W.Muller" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:04:19 -0400
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 23:06:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, installing a Centos 5 guest with virt-install gives me LV with a whole file system and one partition in it. I also figured out how to copy this partition to it's own LV
and can still boot (after changes in the config file of course).
I was now wondering if there is any disadvantage with the partition instead of the file system. Obviously the partition has the advantage that I can easily mount it on
Dom0.
Any experience with LV root partition against LV file systems ?

Thanks,
Robin